UPDATE: My bare face 2013 - year end








Hello there,

it's the end of year 2013 and I am proud to say I have sorta cleared my skin (if you do not know how my skin previously looked like - check my previous posts - I had burned my skin with acid early this year to challenge myself in covering it up with makeup - FAIL - I will not do this again - I still have scars - you see?). I no longer wear makeup everyday, since my face now looks "fresh"! Yeah?!!
I'm very content with my latest skincare routine:


I still use random cleansers and scrubs depending on my mood and I am happy with the results.
My Clarisonic Mia2 which I recently purchased (about 2 weeks ago) has changed my skin with visible results. I have even been receiving compliments on my "glowing" skin and I am very happy about it! Woooooooo....

Here is a list of the products I use at random:
  • Clarisonic Mia 2 (morning and evening - totally worth the splurge - I always look forward to use it twice a day 2 minutes at a time using the sensitive brush head)
  • Dr. Kaufmann IR white soap (most of the time at mornings and evenings - be careful as this stings the eyes)
  • Shu Uemura Skin Purifier (when I have worn makeup at night and sometimes in the morning as well - blurs my eyes sometimes but it doesn't hurt or bother me - by far my favorite makeup remover and skin cleanser - so worth the splurge as well... a big bottle will last you about a year!)
  • St. Yves Face Care Products (facial scrub and face wash I use at random once or twice a week - been using these products for years and I still like using this. It has a nice smell and it makes my face feel thoroughly cleansed.)
  • Jericho Foaming Facial Scrub (facial scrub I use at least once a week - I alternate with my St. Yves scrubs since this one is kinda pricey but I like it.)







Be warned: Clarisonic face brushes should only be used with MILD soap and facial cleansers...
I tried using it with a soap my sister gave me and it was too harsh on my skin I started peeling right away. It burned and hurt so be careful!


I took these pictures with my Samsung Galaxy S4 - no filter - I did not even use the "beauty shot" option... imagine how my skin would look with that feature.

Overall, I am happy with my current skincare routine and I'm in love with the products I currently use.

About my skin: To those of you who do not know: my skin type is oily to combination. I have super oily lids and T-zone area and I always have oil control sheets on my desk for a quick fix.

Enjoy!

Happy New Year!














Popular Posts