How I got rid of my unwanted hair? (IPL, Waxing & Epilate)

Hi!

Since I'm half European, I'm hairy!!! I already had hair in my underarms as early as age 11 and my mother immediately shaved it off!!! BIG mistake! It just got worse. 

I have literally tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it!!!!
For the longest time I had stuck to shaving every morning!!! But then I had really dark underarms and chicken skin! :( Eeeeeeew right?!

So I heard about the IPL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intense_pulsed_light) treatments that you can have to "permanently" get rid of hair...

To be honest I've had about 10 very expensive sessions and I still have a lot of hair in my underarms. 
Cutting the story short about IPL. (If I had continue spending too much, I maybe no longer have hair?)

IPL Pros:
-burns the hair until root
-hair grows slower
-apparently permanently gets rid of hair
-not too painful
 
IPL Cons:
-burning sensation when sweating
-EXPENSIVE
-skin becomes super sensitive
-easily irritated

I gave it up and tried waxing which is not too expensive compared to IPL.

Waxing Pros:  
-no hair for at least a week
-cheap and can be done at home
-skin exfoliates with the wax
-hair gets thinner

Waxing Cons:
-more ingrown hair
-need to wait for 2-3 weeks before you can wax again
-works best when going to a waxing salon

I didn't have much time going to the waxing salon so I searched for a "home" solution.

I bought an epilator with shaving head for myself last Christmas.


I believe it is a good investment.

I've been using this product ever since and only went to the waxing salon for a bikini... ;) 
Tried epilating my bikini line and it HURTS so I prefer to just wax it once a month.

My underarms has gone lighter and I have received compliments on it which really flattered me. Yay!

Epilating Pros:
-can be done anywhere as long as there is a power plug
-less painful compared to waxing and IPL
-can be done quickly
-convenient to bring anywhere
-hair grows thinner


Epilating Cons:
-initial EXPENSE
-electricity use
-some ingrown hairs
-loud sound when turned on


I'm just speaking from experience so let me know what you think. What has worked for you?
Do you have the same issues?

I am also currently using a underarm whitening peeling treatment given by my sister who claimed it worked for her but she didn't have enough time to repeat the peeling treatment.

The only problem I have left with my underarms is the excessive sweating... :(
Does any of you know a good deodorant I can use? I've tried MANY MANY deodorants but only a few of them worked. I can write a separate post about deodorants. Just comment on this blog.


Till next time!
Tschüssi! xx


Comments

  1. Hello, I have two advices for you:

    1. For permanent hair reduction, use Diode Laser instead of IPL. SkinStation at MOA uses Soprano diode. It is very effective.

    2. For underarm sweating, try the Driclor rollon medication. For people with hyperhidrosis, it is a life changing experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using laser treatment instead of IPL has more benefits, i haven't used any product for epilating, happy with the results of waxing so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts